Bathroom Remodel!

Right now our downstairs bathroom looks like this:


I always think about taking before pictures, but then we get so excited to get started with our projects I forget! I will just say that it was ugly and outdated. When we first moved in the house the WHOLE thing ( I am talking about walls, ceiling, outlets) was painted a dark awful red. One of the first things we did was paint everything back to white. I was so set on getting rid of the red that I didn't take any pictures of it. I really wish I could show the before picture of that!

So here is a run down of what to come....

*Tape and paint new sheet rock on ceiling
*Install our new soaker tub
*Tile the floor in the same tile we used for the kitchen and dinning room

*Install bead board around the lower half of the walls
*Tile the shower/tub surround using shiny white subway tiles and a strip of decorative glass tiles
*Put in our beautiful new vanity and mirror.
*Hang up new hardware like towel racks and toilet paper holder
*Install new light fixtures
*Make and install new linen closet
*Paint
*Install new door

Hmmmm.... I think that is it! We have have everything bought and waiting for my dear husband to put it all in. I am so lucky he is capable and works so hard!

Ok so now that you have seen what we have picked out I need help picking out a wall color! The bead board is white so I want a color that will contrast nice with that. If you have any suggestions let me know!

This project might take all summer to finish so stay tuned for the after pictures!

4 comments:

DKSBrayton said...

Love it! Miss you guys!

The Marley Family said...

I love all of your choices, and yes, the before was horrendous!

Have fun with the color!

ily said...

Well, the trend right now is a lovely cream color with the dark wood you chose for you vanity/sink. I think that would be lovely. If I was feeling a bit more adventurous, I might try the old world plaster texture technique instead of orange peel texture and then paint it cream and then glaze it with a light brown color and have red towels and curtain as accents. If I was feeling really like I wanted a serene room that is pleasant to be in, I would go for a calming pale blue or pale green- beware, greens are hard to get perfect. If I want people to be in and out in a flash of that room, I would go with neon orange. The orange would be practical, but not pretty at all. ;)

ily said...

I can't wait to see the finished product!

Baby Tai

Links I Love

Mormon Channel