Schedule


With Benj heading back to work next week our blissful summer is about to end. This means all of the wonderful help I have had from him will be gone during the day. Jason has lead a pretty free summer and has enjoyed a little more one on one time since both parents have been home. I decided I needed to make a schedule for his day so when it is just me and the kids at home he will have more ideas that just T.V. and video games to do.

I made magnets that have specific activities on them. I then made a chart with the day split into morning, afternoon and evening. Each morning I will decide which activities I would like Jason to do during the different time periods in the day and put the magnets in the slots. He then has the freedom to choose which activity he wants to do from the specific time period we are in and what activity he would like to do next and move those magnets to the top. Once he has finished up with an activity it goes to the bottom to use again the next day. I hope this will be a good way to limit his T.V., and video game time to once a day and for 30 minutes and help give him a little more structure when he is thinking of things. I am also excited because it will help me make sure we are planning for and doing his "school" time each day. That is the plan at least!

Anyway, I thought I would share!

4 comments:

megan said...

I LOVE this idea!! Too bad Ellie is still on the "Eat, Play, Poop, Sleep" schedule. :) You should do another post about what materials you used and more how to instructions. I love all the updates about you and your beautiful family.

Krystal said...

Good luck! That looks fantastic and I bet it will be great!!

The Marley Family said...

It looks great. What a good idea. Next, you have to update with how well it works out for him and you. :)

Julie and Andy said...

You are amazing! You should post how you made it!

Baby Tai

Links I Love

Mormon Channel