My new hobbie

So I have fallen in love with Photoshop and the fun you can have with making pictures look better. A while back I found a killer deal on a great SLR Digital camera on Craig's list. I have been having fun learning how to use it and plan on some day soon taking a class to learn more. I also love reading and learning about Photoshop because if you take a picture that is not perfect you can play around with different settings until it looks better. This picture Benj took at my sister's wedding with our little point and shoot camera. Ok, so I am not vain. I just thought this picture would show a good contrast between not so good and better. Focus on the photo quality and not me :-). You can see that the straight out of the camera (SOOC) shot is way too dark in some spots and way too light in others.
I ran a couple of actions in Photo Shop to show you the difference.



My new favorite website is The Pioneer Woman. She has a section on photography where you can learn a ton and see her amazing photos. She also has great photo shop actions that you can download for FREE! Check it out!

3 comments:

Hallenbergers said...

THAT WEBSITE ROCKS!!!!! What camera did you get?!

sylvia said...

I've been into photography for about a year now and love it. I'm still trying to learn all I can and want to take a class somewhere. What camera did you get?

Benj and Melinda said...

Canon Rebel XT

Baby Tai

Links I Love

Mormon Channel