Where did my baby go? He is growing up....

The other morning Jason and I were in the front room. He was in the corner playing with his toys and I was checking my e-mail. Jason walks over and says "Mama, a bath." As he walked towards the stairs to the bathroom I realized that he had already gotten ready for his bath; he is completely naked with his clothes and diaper in a pile by his toys. I hurried to finish up what I was doing and went upstairs only to find the bathroom door closed with Jason inside. I opened the door to find him holding the toothpaste, carefully dabbing his tooth brush on it and then actually brushing, not just sucking on his tooth brush. After about 10 seconds of brushing he says "Mama, I done" and then puts his tooth brush and toothpaste away in the drawer, turns around and climbs into the bath and sits down. I was thinking the whole time wow this is great! So, a little later when it was my time for a shower I left Jason playing in his room while I ran to the bathroom for my "I better hurry and shower as fast as I can while he is occupied morning ritual." As I was showering Jason yelled "Mama, I did it." Needless to say this cut my shower short. If Jason was that excited about doing something on his own, it probably was something he isn't supposed to do on his own. I was right. He was in my room standing in front of my mirror with his whole face covered in my makeup. Of course when he saw me he said "Mama, I done" walks over to my towel, wipes his fingers off, walks to the bathroom and puts the makeup in the drawer.


For a while now Jason has been a good helper and loves to put our dishes away when we are done eating. He usually runs them to the sink and then runs back yelling "I did it!" Today he was a little too excited about putting away my dish.


Yesterday afternoon we decided our grass, though patchy in areas still, was getting long enough to mow. So we got out our "green" lawn mower and actually did it! Jason even helped and loved it! If he is getting so grown up then it is time for him to start earning his keep around here :-).
According to Jason this is proper lawn mowing attire :-)

5 comments:

I'm Kitty! said...

That is fantastic!

Robbie+Erin said...

Hey Melinda! Your little boy is so cute! Love the makeup picture!
Erin (Winks)

Anonymous said...

Oh no... I hope Benj doesn't wear the same lawn mowing attire. :)

Julie and Andy said...

this is great! lol. Too funny!

Bryan said...

Hey, he's got closed-toe shoes to protect against those spinning blades. That's more than we can say for Benj in his flip-flops :-)

Baby Tai

Links I Love

Mormon Channel