Motocicleta

Perhaps the only down side to moving to our new apartment has been the fact that my 2.9 mile commute one way to work is now about 8 miles through heavily trafficked streets. I like to ride my bike to work but 16 miles every day in a notoriously wet climate? Come on. I know that you’re asking yourself right now “How in the world did Benj convince Melinda to let him buy a motorcycle?” It all started with an electric bike.One morning as I was perusing craigslist I found an electric bike that was for sale for $100. We decided to hop in the car and go check it out.

Before arriving, like any good craigslister, I had decided that I would have a limit and that limit would be no more than $80. I didn’t want it bad enough that I would pay a penny more. After checking the bike out, seeing that it was in almost new condition, I decided that I would go for it and asked the woman if she would take $80 for the bike. I’m still not sure what happened but somehow she convinced me or I convinced her to let me have it for free. As you might expect I was pretty excited. I thought that if I could ride a normal bike almost 6 miles a day then surely with my electric bike I could do three times that. Well. . . call me opportunistic but I decided to sell the bike and almost danced away after selling it for $400.

Now, $400 goes a long way to buying a used motorcycle and I must have caught Melinda in a weak moment because she didn’t put up too much fight at all. Ok, I confess, I haven’t taken motorcycle training yet and I don’t really even know how to ride a motorcycle but it sure feels cool to be a biker. I’m scheduled for training at the end of the month and then I can get endorsed and so in about a month’s time I should be bad to the bone. Insert mental image of the biker from Raising Arizona. Ride on lil’ buddy, ride on.



Motocicleta from Benjamin Lloyd on Vimeo.

3 comments:

DKSBrayton said...

That sounds like a Benj transaction if I've ever heard one. So is it a 200cc? It looks REALLY clean and in good shape. Welcome to the fraternal brotherhood of bikers!
Dan

Bryan said...

Benj, way to score on selling the electric bike. However, you are still gonna need rain gear for riding the motorcycle ;-)

Benj and Melinda said...

Yeah, it's a 200cc little bundle of joy. It has just a little bit over 3000 miles on it so I'm hoping it won't give me any problems.
Does the FBOB have a special patch that we can put on our Jackets Dan?

Baby Tai

Links I Love

Mormon Channel